Arran Community Land Initiative is made up of an enthusiastic group of islanders who have worked together to buy and improve an 80 acre area of disused farmland on the Isle of Arran for a variety of environmentally-friendly uses.
We hope to create learning and recreational opportunities by building community gardens and allotments, wildlife areas and bee-keeping areas, nature walks and mountain bike trails. Through this we hope to help the island’s resilience in terms of food sustainability and recreation opportunities for young and old.
Our objective is to transform an area of land on Arran for the community to nurture and enjoy.
The Arran Community Land Initiative is constituted as a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), registered in Scotland under Charity number SC043886. We are regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
Our Constitution was adopted on 13 December 2012 based on the model SCIO Constitution offered by OSCR. You can find our Constitution here.
The Board of Charity Trustees as of 27 November 2017 comprises the following individuals. Click on their name for a brief biography of each trustee.
- Keith Robertson
- Juliette Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org or 700508)
- Rob Cowieson
- Caroline McGinlay (email@example.com or 074111 25569)
You may contact the Trustees individually or collectively by using the Contact Us page on this website.
Annual General Meeting
Our most recent AGM was held on Monday 27 November 2017. You can read papers from this meeting using the links below:
- Approved minutes of 2016 AGM
- Trustees Annual Report for the Year Ended 31 March 2017 as filed with OSCR.
- Financial Report for the Year Ended 31 March 2017 as filed with OSCR.
- Additional Financial Breakdown of Income and Expenditure for Year Ended 31 March 2017, prepared for the Membership.